Schedule Your Free Consultation

Waterbury Workers' Compensation Attorney

We Can Protect Your Rights: (203) 528-0152

At Brennan Law Firm LLC, we provide trusted representation to clients who have been seriously injured while working or performing job-related duties. We understand that obtaining compensation is important in your recovery. Having a Waterbury workers' compensation attorney on your side can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.

Why You Should Hire Us

When you work with our firm, we will thoroughly review your case to determine who is liable for your injuries. We are not afraid to aggressively pursue compensation.

Get started with a free consultation, or put our history of success in your corner by calling (203) 528-0152.

Our firm is committed to providing outstanding representation and dedicated legal counsel to each individual who retains our assistance.

Workers’ Compensation FAQ

If you are considering filing a workers’ compensation claim, you probably have a few questions. At Brennan Law Firm, LLC, we can answer some of those questions here and even more of them during a free consultation.

Remember, the following answers are to frequently asked questions and are not case-specific, nor do they constitute legal advice.

  • Q:Am I covered by workers’ compensation?

    A:If you are employed, and your injury took place at work, you are probably covered by workers’ compensation. This is because all employers in Connecticut are required to carry workers’ comp insurance if they have one employee or more. The only exception to this rule is households that employ workers for under 26 hours per week.

  • Q:What kind of benefits am I entitled to?

    A:Workers’ compensation can cover your medical expenses and lost wages. According to Connecticut’s Official State Website, you may be entitled to: temporary total disability when you are unable to perform any job, temporary partial disability when you are unable to perform some jobs, permanent partial disability when you lose the use of a limb or another body part, benefits for disfigurement or scarring, depending on where it takes place, “308a” benefits (like living funds) Job retraining benefits or vocational rehabilitation, relapse or recurrence benefits if a previous injury comes back.

  • Q:How do I make a claim?

    A:Report your workplace injury or illness to your supervisor right away. From there, your employer should make a report to the state’s third-party claims administrator, which will approve or contest the claim. If your claim is approved, be sure to use the medical providers covered by your workers’ compensation insurance network. If you fail to do so, you may lose your right to benefits. If your claim is denied, you can request a hearing with Connecticut’s Workers’ Compensation Commission.

  • Q:Are all workplace injuries covered by workers’ compensation?

    A:No. Your employer’s workers’ compensation coverage does not cover self-inflicted injuries, injuries that occur while you are violating company policies, or injuries that occur while you are committing a serious crime. If you were drunk or intoxicated, driving under the influence, in a fight, or off-the-clock at the time of your accident, your injuries may not be covered. If someone attacked you while you were at work, however, you may be eligible for compensation through a third-party liability claim.

  • Q:What if I still have questions?

    A:Workers’ compensation can be complex, and we don’t expect you to understand the whole process after reading one web page. Our attorneys are happy to help.